Prep time: 30 minutes
190g milk powder
150ml double cream
1 tbsp butter or ghee
1 tsp ground nutmeg
50g pistachio nuts, chopped
397g can Carnation condensed milk
To finish 100g dark chocolate (melted), gold or silver leaf
- Mix the milk powder and double cream in a bowl until it forms a thick and crumbly paste.
- Heat the butter or ghee over a low heat for a couple of minutes, stir in the nutmeg and toasted pistachio for a few minutes.
- Add the cream mixture and the condensed milk; the mixture will be solid to start with and will soften as you continue to heat it. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to come away from the sides.
- Pour into a non-stick tray and spread to a 2cm thickness.
- Spread over the dark chocolate melted in a bowl over simmering water and decorate with gold or silver leaf.
- Allow to cool and then cut into square shapes.