First for Cinema Goers in England as ODEON Leeds Bradford set to launch first Odeon Luxe cinema
First Odeon Luxe Cinema in England will open on Thursday 9th November offering a unique big screen experience
Odeon Leeds Bradford will be officially launching as Odeon Luxe cinema on Thursday 9th November, the first of its kind in England in what is set to be the biggest in the UK with 1,117 luxury reclining seats across 13 screens.
Film fans will also be able to experience a new state of the art iSense screen with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound, as well as a range of food and drink options to see the latest entertainment in style.
Following the launch of Europe’s first Odeon Luxe cinema in East Kilbride, Scotland in October, Yorkshire film fans will soon be able to enjoy the ultimate luxury experience when the new ODEON Luxe Leeds Bradford launches on 9th November.
The 1,117 fully reclining, luxurious handmade seats across the 13 screens, will allow increased leg room and personal space for guests, as well as retractable tray tables and a large array of new food and drink options to ensure the ultimate comfort experience.
The new cinema will also give the audience a chance to experience a complete overhaul of technology in the cinema to deliver an outstanding viewing experience. The cinema will now boast a state of the art, 147 seat iSense screen with 4K projection and cutting-edge Dolby ATMOS sound, providing a truly immersive, ultra-high definition cinema experience.
Film fans can enjoy breath-taking sound delivered by 234 new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens upgraded with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and improved picture quality throughout.
A new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can also take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens.
The improvements to the cinema come ahead of an exciting release schedule of new films, including, family favourite Paddington 2 (November 10th), superhero epic Justice League (November 17th) and the highly anticipated Star Wars: The Last Jedi (December 14th).
Guests of the cinema can now choose from a range of food including freshly-popped popcorn, nachos, fries and hot dogs, as well as drink options including a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy. ODEON Luxe Leeds Bradford will also feature an all-new Oscar’s Bar, which offers guests freshly-cooked pizza and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
In addition to the range of retail options, guests can also enjoy a range of promotions and discounted screenings including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen – as well as being able to take advantage of ODEON’s Limitless cards and ODEON Première Club loyalty scheme.
“We’re extremely proud that the Leeds Bradford area will be home to the first ODEON Luxe cinema in England,” said Stephen Hagon, General Manager at ODEON Luxe Leeds Bradford. “We’re looking forward to revealing the final product of all the hard work that has been put into redeveloping the cinema over the past few months. With over 1,000 fully reclining seats across thirteen upgraded screens – and a jam-packed release schedule of the biggest and best films in the coming months – we can’t wait to welcome Yorkshire film fans through the doors to experience the ultimate in luxury and comfort.”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe refurbishments at Leeds Bradford will include:
- 13 fully-refurbished screens with upgraded Dolby ATMOS sound systems
- 1,117 fully-reclining seats across all auditoriums, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tray tables
- Cutting-edge 147-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS sound
- 234 new speakers across all screens, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- Upgraded screens across all auditoriums – with new in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions
- New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired loops across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
- New food & drink offering, including freshly-popped popcorn, hot dogs and nachos, as well as the all-new Oscar’s Bar featuring freshly-cooked pizza and a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- New drinks options including a Coca Cola Freestyle machine with over 100 different flavours
- Renovated and refreshed areas of the cinema including a new foyer, toilets and 7 new ticket machines upon entering to the cinema
- The very latest and best films shown all year round, with a great selection offering something for everyone
Some of the other highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new screens include:
- Only The Brave (November 10th)
- Battle of the Sexes (November 24th)
- The Disaster Artist (December 1st)
- Wonder (December 1st)
- Ferdinand (December 16th)
- Pitch Perfect 3 (December 20th)